Established in 1974 in the United Arab Emirates, Intercoil International is the region’s leading manufacturer, retailer and distributor of premium beds, bedding and bedroom furniture.
We are a family-owned business, founded by the late Mr. Abbas Ali AI-Hazeem. The company is now led by his son, Mr. Hassan Abbas AI-Hazeem, whose strength of vision is shaping Intercoil International into a highly regarded global brand in beds, bedding and bedroom furniture.
Today the company employs 450 people, owns two manufacturing facilities in the UAE, and operates eight distribution centres and 22 retail outlets across the region. Its export footprint currently includes 23 countries in the MENA and Levant.
- 1974: Established under the name of International Foam Factory (IFF) by Mr. Abbas Ali Al-Hazeem
- 1980: Renamed as International Foam and Furnishing Company after diversifying into furniture
- 1984: Manufactured first spring mattress after investing in a Bonnell spring production line from Spuhl of Switzerland
- 1999: Hassan Abbas Al-Hazeem succeeded his father, Mr. Abbas Ali Al-Hazeem as Managing Director
- 2000: Won Guinness World Record for the largest spring mattress
- 2001: The first in its industry to achieve ISO 9001:2000 certification
- 2002: Acquired Therapedic license for GCC
- 2003: Renamed as Intercoil International LLC
- 2004: Celebrated 30th anniversary
- 2005: Expanded outside the UAE by opening a sales office and distribution centre in Muscat, Oman
- 2007: Won Guinness World Record for the largest bed set
- 2009: Established first wholly owned subsidiary outside the GCC, in Beirut, Lebanon
- 2010: Acquired leading US bedding company Simmons license for GCC, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq
- 2010: Won Guinness World Record for the largest human mattress dominoes
- 2012: Opened a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Ras Al Khaimah
- 2012: Awarded 4th place in the Dubai SME 100 ranking for the year 2011
- 2012: Received the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award for the year 2011
- 2013: Honored with the prestigious Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Excellence Award
- 2014: Awarded the Dubai Human Development Appreciation Award (DHDAA)
- 2014: Signed an exclusive licensing agreement with Kenyan Bobmil Group of Company, one of the first manufacturing licensee agreements by a UAE-based business to other countries in the world.
- 2014: Celebrated 40th anniversary, renewed exclusive 7-year license agreement with Simmons and launched a new corporate identity, rebranding the retail stores to ‘The Bedroom by Intercoil’.